Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sample Stash: What I've Used Up #2

Here is post 2! I managed to use up another good chunk of samples in the last 2 weeks. Most of what I have left now are "deluxe samples" and will take longer to get through.

I liked the Urban Decay setting spray, but I have a couple other ones that I'm working on. I may purchase a full size at some point. The Sephora brand moisturizer was fine, but not something I would purchase since I prefer an anti aging formula.

I used up the last hand cream from my Philosophy gift set that I got last holiday. I preferred Snow Angel to this, but it was nice and had a spicy apple scent. I also finished a Smashboxphoto Finish Light primer (I literally could not squeeze anymore out even though it looks like product is left). This was ok, but a bit 'silicone-y' for me.

I used a First Aud Beauty Ultra Repair Cream sample. I have a travel sizes already and really like this product. I have eczema and this is a lifesaver in the winter. I used another Perricone Photo Plasma sample. It's ok, but nothing special to me. I used two Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Creams. I really like this and will think about purchasing when I use up some other things. I used a Nude Skin ProGenius Treatment Oil; I only used this on my neck and chest and it was so heavy! I would try other oils, but probably not this one.

I used a Bumble and Bumble Thickening shampoo and conditioner. This left my hair feeling thicker, but dry. I might try this again in the warmer months when dryness isn't such an issue for me.

I used a Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo and conditioner set. Love this! It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling so soft.

The Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial was nice and my skin felt lovely in the morning. The Fresh Black Tea moisturizer was quite nice, but not quite heavy enough for night and has no SPF for day time use. The Eve Lom cleanser sample was not a favorite. It never felt like it was fully removed from my face. I used an Algenist Pore Correcting serum. This was ok, but I can't really judge a serum from a couple uses. I also used a Murad hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture sample. This is nice and moisturizing, but I have things I like better.

So, that is it for this installment! It feels good to be working through the clutter that is my sample drawer!






No comments:

Post a Comment