Signature Scarlet is a beautiful red with fairly opaque color. Dashing Orchid is a lovely pinkish purple. I don't think these are opaque in a color like a lipstick, but are nice none the less. I do feel that these are a bit overpriced based on the amount of product you get; I paid around $7.99 each.
Monday, December 2, 2013
The Maybelline Color Elixir glosses are supposed to have the "care of a balm, color of a lipstick, and shine of a gloss". There are an awesome array of colors from natural to bold. I have two colors for you today: Signature Scarlet and Dashing Orchid.
Monday, November 25, 2013
I remember jane. Cosmetics from my junior high days. They were (and still are) a budget friendly brand, but seem to be much better quality now days. This line was recently relaunched at Ulta and Kohl's (I'm not sure of other retailers at this time). On my latest trip to Kohl's, I grabbed a couple eyeshadows and a liner. The price was reasonable at $8.00 each.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Here is post 2! I managed to use up another good chunk of samples in the last 2 weeks. Most of what I have left now are "deluxe samples" and will take longer to get through.
I liked the Urban Decay setting spray, but I have a couple other ones that I'm working on. I may purchase a full size at some point. The Sephora brand moisturizer was fine, but not something I would purchase since I prefer an anti aging formula.
I used up the last hand cream from my Philosophy gift set that I got last holiday. I preferred Snow Angel to this, but it was nice and had a spicy apple scent. I also finished a Smashboxphoto Finish Light primer (I literally could not squeeze anymore out even though it looks like product is left). This was ok, but a bit 'silicone-y' for me.
I used a First Aud Beauty Ultra Repair Cream sample. I have a travel sizes already and really like this product. I have eczema and this is a lifesaver in the winter. I used another Perricone Photo Plasma sample. It's ok, but nothing special to me. I used two Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Creams. I really like this and will think about purchasing when I use up some other things. I used a Nude Skin ProGenius Treatment Oil; I only used this on my neck and chest and it was so heavy! I would try other oils, but probably not this one.
I used a Bumble and Bumble Thickening shampoo and conditioner. This left my hair feeling thicker, but dry. I might try this again in the warmer months when dryness isn't such an issue for me.
I used a Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo and conditioner set. Love this! It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling so soft.
The Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial was nice and my skin felt lovely in the morning. The Fresh Black Tea moisturizer was quite nice, but not quite heavy enough for night and has no SPF for day time use. The Eve Lom cleanser sample was not a favorite. It never felt like it was fully removed from my face. I used an Algenist Pore Correcting serum. This was ok, but I can't really judge a serum from a couple uses. I also used a Murad hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture sample. This is nice and moisturizing, but I have things I like better.
So, that is it for this installment! It feels good to be working through the clutter that is my sample drawer!
Saturday, November 16, 2013
The Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Colours are long wearing, cream shadow sticks and come in a nice variety of colors.there are some nice neutrals and some smokier shades. They blend nicely and once set are budge proof.
The three colors I have are more to the neutral side. I have Sandglow, Amethyst, and Rose Gold. Sandglow is a darker beige color. Amethyst is a taupe-y purple. Rose Gold is a light pink with a tinge of gold.
I really do enjoy the three I have, but doubt I would purchase more. These are expensive for shadow sticks ($26 USD) a and at this point there really aren't any other colors that appeal to me.
Friday, November 15, 2013
I am not really a blush person. Naturally, I have very pink cheeks that aren't easily covered up, so I usually avoid blush.
The last time I had my makeup done at Sephora, the MUA put the NARS blush on Douceur on my cheeks. It was love!
Douceur is a dusty neutral pink. It looks very natural on and is free of shimmer or glitter. It's pigmented, but not so much that you can't sheer it out. Douceur is a welcome, lovely addition to my (very small) blush collection.
*purchased by me*
As a stay at home mom of a crazy busy two year old boy, I love a multi tasking product. I full force jumped on the BB/CC Cream bandwagon. A base product that offers moisture, SPF, and coverage? Sign me up!
One of the BB creams that didn't leave me disappointed has been the Dr Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Cream (say that 5 times, fast). While I do need a separate moisturizer, especially in Fall/Winter, it does offer SPF 25. It has medium coverage and is somewhat buildable.
This does only come in one color. It matches my fair skin (MAC NC15-20) pretty well, but is a tad dark. It probably isn't noticeable to anyone else.
All in all, this is my favorite BB that I've tried and when it's gone I would definitely repurchase.
*product purchased by me*
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
I've seen numerous videos on the Perfect Palette Tag on YouTube (started by iluvfaces1042) and thought it would be lots of fun to do here on the blog. There are 8 questions regarding different aspects of palettes that you find appealing leading up to your "desert island" palette.
So...here we go!
1) Best Packaging: For this I picked my Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Yes, it's bulky. It takes up a fair amount of space, but it looks somgoodnsittimg out on my dresser!
2) Best Color Payoff: I'm giving this to the Lorac Pro palette. The matte shades apply wonderfully and the shimmers are excellent.
3) Most Versatile: This goes to my Urban Decay Naked2 palette. I can use it form easy, everyday looks or for a vampy night out eye. I'm really looking forward to the Naked3...the colors look right up my alley!
4) Best For Traveling: Tarte Aqualillies wins this hands down! It has 6 lovely eye shades (2 matte), a blush, a bronzed, and a highlight. You basically have all your color products in one spot. It's compact and sturdy and contains a good size mirror.
5) Biggest Regret: this goes to my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. It's a great little palette, but I have other matte palettes with a wider shade selection.
6) Best Color Names: The Too Faced Pretty Rebel wins again! Names like Jailbird, Instigator, Badass... It's too cute and fitting of the aesthetic this palette has.
7) Least Used: Sadly, it's my Tarte palette from the Carried Away gift set that was released last holiday season. I love Tarte eye shadows and these are truly lovely, but for some reason I just don't reach for it.
8) Most Loved or "Desert Island" Palette: This one is really hard...but I'm taking my Vice2 here. It's got a row of great neutrals and a ton of fun colors. Hey, if I'm stranded on a desert island, I'm going to have lots of time to experiment with different things!
Here are my other palettes that didn't make the list...
Kat Von D Ladybird palette: a selection of nice, warmer matte shades